|Parental Involvement Makes the Difference
Family Engagement Specialist
(478)836-3426 extension 132
The purpose of parent and family engagement under Title I, Part A is to promote active involvement among local educational agencies (LEAs), administrators, school staff, parents, parent and family engagement coordinators or parent liaisons, community leaders, and other stakeholders working to improve student achievement and promote academic success. LEAs must ensure that strong strategies are in place to:
- Build capacity to involve parents/stakeholders in an effective partnership with the school.
- Share and support high student academic achievement
Parent and family engagement means the participation of parents and families in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including and ensuring that:
- Parents and families play an integral role in assisting their child's learning.
- Parents and families are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education at school.
- Parents and families are full partners in their child's education and are included, when appropriate, in decision-making as well as being a part of the advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Other activities are carried out, such as those described in Section 1116.