The Crawford County School System is a place to learn and grow in a safe, caring, and disciplined environment. Our goal is excellence in education.
Our Mission Statement
Educating today's students with yesterday's values.
The Crawford County School System will provide for its students an educational program for excellence. Through a wide variety of learning experiences, students will develop competencies that are necessary to become productive citizens in an ever-changing society.
Through a wide variety of learning experiences, students will develop competencies that are necessary to become productive citizens in an ever-changing society.
- That all students can achieve their potential
- Strong partnerships among home, community and school support learning.
- Caring dedicated teachers and supportive parents enhance student achievement.
- Genuine respect for all is a necessary element of excellence.
- The essentials for success can best be taught by word and by deed.
- Learning requires discipline and nurturing.
An unwavering commitment to continuous improvement is the path to excellence
- All students will achieve success.
- All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or mastery.
- All students will be taught by highly qualified teachers.
- All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug free, and conducive to learning.
- All students with disabilities will improve post-school outcomes.
- All young children (ages 3-5) with disabilities will have services improved.
- All students with disabilities will have the provision of a free and appropriate public education.
- All state and federal laws and regulations will be in compliance.
- The system will increase integration of technology.
SACS accredits all schools. The school system operates one elementary school, one middle school, and one high school. School improvement teams function to implement continuous improvement activities and to focus on excellence.
The Crawford County School System is a small, rural school system located in the heart of Georgia. Roberta, Georgia is located 25 miles west of Macon, 55 miles east of Columbus and 85 miles south of Atlanta. Roberta has small town charm and values and a rich historical heritage with easy access to uptown opportunities.
Students of the following programs:
whose needs extend beyond the regular classroom may be served by one of these programs:
- Alternative School
- Emotional Behavior Disorders
- Hearing Impairment
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Speech Impairment
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Pre-K Program
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Remedial Education Program
- Special Instructional Assistance
- Severely Emotionally Disabled
- Title I
- Visually Impaired
- Student Support Teams