The Crawford County School System is a place to learn and grow in a safe, caring, and disciplined environment. Our goal is excellence in education.
We will provide our students educational opportunities that ensure continuous growth and success in an ever-changing society.
Our mission is to provide students a world-class education that empowers them to compete in a 21st-century global economy.
- We believe all students can achieve with quality instruction.
We believe schools should be safe and inviting environments for learning.
We believe students need rigorous and relevant educational experiences.
We believe consistent attendance and parental involvement are cornerstones to student success.
We believe schools need access to 21st century resources to prepare students to compete in a global market.
We believe in the use of strategic planning, research-based instructional practices, and data-driven decision making to prepare students for success.
We believe all students need to graduate ready for post-secondary opportunities.
We believe communication and collaboration among staff is vital for district achievement.
We believe in recruiting, employing, and investing in highly qualified
and professional staff members.
We believe continuous improvement is the path to excellences.
- All students will achieve success.
- All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or mastery.
- All students will be taught by highly qualified teachers.
- All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug free, and conducive to learning.
- All students with disabilities will improve post-school outcomes.
- All young children (ages 3-5) with disabilities will have services improved.
- All students with disabilities will have the provision of a free and appropriate public education.
- All schools will comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
- The system will increase integration of technology.
SACS accredits all schools. The school system operates one elementary school, one middle school, and one high school. School improvement teams function to implement continuous improvement activities and to focus on excellence.
The Crawford County School System is a small, rural school system located in the heart of Georgia. Roberta, Georgia is located 25 miles west of Macon, 55 miles east of Columbus and 85 miles south of Atlanta. Roberta has small town charm and values and a rich historical heritage with easy access to uptown opportunities.
Students whose needs extend beyond the regular classroom may be served by one of the following programs:
- Alternative School
- Emotional Behavior Disorders
- Hearing Impairment
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Speech Impairment
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Pre-K Program
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Remedial Education Program
- Special Instructional Assistance
- Severely Emotionally Disabled
- Title I
- Visually Impaired
- Student Support Teams