|Parental Involvement Makes the Difference
The purpose of parental involvement under Title I, Part A is to promote active involvement among local educational agencies (LEAs), administrators, school staff, parents, parental involvement coordinators or parent liaisons, community leaders, and other stakeholders working to improve student achievement and promote academic success. LEAs must ensure that strong strategies are in place to:
- Build capacity to involve parents/stakeholders in an effective partnership with the school.
- Share and support high student academic achievement
Parental Involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including and ensuring that:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child's learning.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education at school.
- Parents are full partners in their child's education and are included, when appropriate, in decision-making as well as being a part of the advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Other activities are carried out, such as those described in Section 1118.